Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Turning 30 and other random thoughts

Almost 2 months ago, I turned 30. Now to some people, that may not seem like a big deal, but to me, it was HUGE. I got a little depressed in the weeks leading up to my birthday, because frankly, I am just not to where I thought I would be in my life by 30. Then, out of nowhere, I realized how ridiculous that sounded. I mean sure, maybe I don't have kids of my own yet, and maybe I am as successful in my career as I thought I would be by now, but when I sit back and look at what I do have, I have to say that I am pretty blessed. I have a job that I enjoy, an awesome husband who makes my life interesting every day, a stepson that I am starting to really build a relationship with, and a family and friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. When I started to realized how incredibly lucky I really am, the rest of my worry seemed to fade away. By the time that my actual birthday got here, I had embraced the idea of turning 30, and I actually had the best day ever!!
Now, I wish that I was better at keeping up with this blog. I really want to have a cooking blog like some of the ones I've found on here. But the fact is, I'm just not that disciplined. I don't want to post recipes without pictures, but I keep forgetting to take pictures when my meals are ready. I'm working on it, though. I'm going to get there eventually!!

No comments: