Monday, July 20, 2009

Menu Planning

Several months ago, in an effort to cut our grocery budget, I began meal planning. I have always been terrible about ending up with a lot of main dishes and no sides, or vice versa. Since I've started planning out our menus, I feel like I have some order to my life!! I go shopping every two weeks, so it took me a while to learn to meal plan that far in advance. It also took me a while to realize that I didn't have to make a 4 course meal every night. I think that I have found a nice balance now. Here is my meal plan for the next few weeks. (with my husband working nights, the order of these could change at any given moment, but overall, this is what it will be.)

Monday - Smothered pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday - Pigs in a blanket, mac & cheese
Wednesday - Chicken nuggets (homemade), spicy corn, some other veggie
Thursday - setting up for yard sale -probably just a sandwhich
Friday - yard sale day - out or sandwhich
Saturday - " "
Sunday - Taco Salad

Monday - Smoked sausages, baked beans, veggie
Tuesday - BLT's, chips
Wednesday - blueberry pancakes and bacon
Thursday - I have an extra package of ground beef, so I will probably do something with that.
Friday - Grocery shopping day

No comments: