Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I accomplished last night...and a not-so-good recipe

To sum it up, I basically accomplished nothing last night!! When we got home DH sat in the living room for a while and talked to me, which is unusual because normally he heads up to our bedroom to watch the news, and I get started on dinner, or whatever else I have to do. But it was nice, so I wasn't in a rush. So anyway, I got a late start on dinner, which was my own concoction, and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be. Here is my "recipe" -

Burrito Casserole

1 lb ground beef (I think my package was a little more than that)
taco seasoning (I have a giant container, so I'm not sure how much I used, but it is easy to eyeball and taste the right amount)
1 can refried beans
flour tortillas
white cheese sauce (I used Gordo's jalapeno cheese sauce from walmart)

Brown ground beef, then drain grease. Add taco seasoning, and simmer. While there is still quite a bit of liquid left, add refried beans and stir until it is mixed well. Turn heat down and let mixture heat through.

Spray baking dish with cooking spray to avoid sticking, and start filling flour tortillas with the beef mixture. Roll up burrito style and line the dish. Pour cheese sauce over burritos, and bake in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or so. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, green onions and sour cream.

This was ok, but it wasn't what I was looking for, I guess. I am a mexican food fanatic, and it just didn't feed my craving. Oh well, better luck next time.

As for the other things on my list, I just simply didn't feel like doing them last night! It was one of those days, and I just wanted to be lazy. I went to bed at 9:00!! So tonight, we are having leftovers, and I am doing the things on my list from last night, as well as cleaning out my fridge and cabinets and planning my menu/shopping list. Hopefully I wil be more successful tonight!

No comments: