Monday, March 2, 2009

Get Together update/Jalapeno Popper Dip

This past weekend, my husband & I had a few friends over. I LOVE hostessing, so I was pretty excited. I was thinking of something along the lines of a quaint dinner party, but because my husband thinks that if it doesn't come off the grill, it isn't food, my dreams of pretty food were squashed! He wanted to smoke a pork shoulder, so that is what he did. In the snow, wearing 2 hooded sweatshirts, he smoked a pork shoulder. My next few BU's will be the sides that I fixed to go with it.

I'll start with the appetizer. I made Jalapeno Popper Dip, and this was the best thing I've ever had, hands down. If you've never made this, you MUST try it now!!

Jalapeno Popper Dip
2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temp
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
1- 4 ounce can sliced jalapeƱos
2 fresh jalapenos, diced

1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 stick butter, melted

Mix first 7 ingredients until smooth. Spread the dip into a greased 2 quart casserole. In a bowl mix bread crumbs and the other 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over top crumb mixture and mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges. Serve with tortilla chips or butter crackers.


You will be SO happy that you made this dip!!

No comments: