Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finding Roots

I cannot even count the number of times I have heard someone from my town say "I can't wait to get out of this town!" Mostly growing up, but sometimes even now, I hear that same sentiment. So I started wondering...is it odd that I LOVE the town I live in?! I am so happy that I still live in the same town that I was born and raised in. I love that it only takes 5 minutes to get from my house to my moms. I love passing by the high school I graduated from. I love running into a childhood friend at wal-mart. I love going to football games when my old highschool is having an undefeated season. I love knowing that I graduated from the same high school that my dad did. I love the idea of my children growing up in the same surroundings that I did. I know that living here isn't for everyone, but I for one have loved every minute of it. I'm so glad that I have "roots" here.

No comments: