Monday, December 15, 2008

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

So I sort of just made up what I cooked for dinner Friday night. It is WAY past time for me to go to the grocery, but I just haven't had time, so I worked with what I had. I had actually bought the stuff to make stuffed green peppers a few weeks ago, but never got around to it. So my peppers weren't in great shape, but they were still usable, so I didn't want to just throw them out. Here's what I came up with...

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
4 green peppers, chopped in quarter size chunks
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
garlic salt to taste
onion salt to taste
black pepper to taste
Italian seasonings (my diced tomatoes weren't seasoned, but if you used the kind with italian seasonings, you might not need as much of this)

Brown ground beef in a skillet with onions. Drain grease and add green peppers, diced tomatoes, 1/2 can of tomato sauce, and seasonings. Cook on med-low until everything is heated. Pour into a baking dish and cover with remaining tomato sauce. Put in 350 degree oven for about45 minutes.

No comments: