Monday, March 2, 2009

BLT Pasta Salad

This is my husbands favorite food in the world. I got this recipe several years ago from a WW blog, and have adapted it and made it my own over the years. My measurments make a huge bowl, enough for cookouts for 10 - 12 people. And I eyeball a lot, so you may have to play around a little to create your perfect version.

BLT Pasta Salad
3/4 box medium shell pasta, cooked
1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
4-5 tomatoes, chopped
1 head of lettuce, shredded
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
2 -3 tablespoons sugar
2-3 tablespoons cider vinegar
(The sugar & vinegar usually vary from time to time for me. I have to taste it after adding each one to make sure it is right. It is really just based on your liking, but you want it to be a "salad dressing" consistency.)

Cook pasta by the box directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon, drain and chop. Chop tomatoes and shred lettuce. Add first 4 ingredients to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients, and wisk until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture, and mix well. Refridgerate 2-3 hours before serving.

No comments: