Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What am I grateful for?

Over the last few months, I've been in a funk. There is no other way to describe it. It seems like we have had a run of "bad luck", for lack of a better word. I've noticed that I've been spending a lot of time focusing on what has been going wrong, which is probably what is contributing to my funk, and not enough time focusing on what is really important. So in an attempt to get myself out of this funk, I've decided to make a list of what I am grateful for. So here goes...I feel incredibly blessed to have:

- God. My relationship has come to a new place lately, and I really needed that.
-An incredible husband. He is my very best friend, and life is never boring with him
around.
- My cats. I know that makes me sound like a crazy cat lady, but they really do make
my day. Until we have children, they are my kids, and thats pretty much how I treat
them!
- My parents. I have such great relationships with both of them, and I am so thankful
for that. Its comforting to know that they are always there, no matter what.
- My sister. She is one of my best friends, and I am so lucky to have that. A
relationship between sisters cannot be matched.
- My job. In a time where a lot of people are struggling to find and keep work, I know
how lucky I am for my job. The people are wonderful, and the environment is almost
always positive.
- My extended family & friends. Some of those are one in the same. I have such an
incredible group of people that I get to call family. Growing up, I thought everyone's
family was as close as ours, but as I've gotten older, I realize that isn't true, so I know
how lucky I am to have that.

Well, I'm sure there is a lot more, but that is a start. My life is really pretty fantastic!! :)

No comments: