Monday, March 2, 2009

Mini twice baked potatoes

I love potatoes. I don't care how you fix them, they are one of my all time favorite foods. I usually use whatever I have on hand to make twice baked potatoes. I've seen on several different blogs where people have used red potatoes, so I decided to create my own version of those this time. They turned out great!

Mini Twice Baked Potatoes
10-12 small red potatoes
2 tblsp sour cream
4 tblsp butter
a couple splashes of milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 green onions, chopped

Poke holes in potatoes with a fork and bake them in the oven at 4oo degrees for 45 min - 1 hour (or until soft). Let cool 10-15 minutes. Cut in half and scoop out center. Mix potato, sour cream, butter, milk, cheese bacon and onions until well mixed. Scoop filling back into potato shells. Bake at 400 for approximately 15 -20 min. These were great at room temp as well.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've awarded you the Lemonade & Fabulous blog awards, check out my blog for details :)