Thursday, November 6, 2008

2 posts in one day?! Shut up!!

I have been emailing back and forth with a friend today, and our conversation has compelled me to write my second blog of the day. We were discussing the election, and how mean - spirited people have been, moreso than any other election that I can remember. Let me just say that I am a Republican, and I voted for John McCain. I know that it is taboo to discuss stuff like that, but I'm not ashamed of it. I feel like Obama does not line up with my religeous beliefs, as well as other things that I do not agree with. But these are MY beliefs. I don't try to force them on anyone else. My friend, who is one of the kindest people I know, is a Democrat, and voted for Obama. I don't judge her for that. However, some of her friends have been REALLY cruel to her about her beliefs. It makes me sad. She sent me some of the comments that people had made to her, and they are just flat out mean. She says that she has several friendships that she is fairly sure will not be mended because of this. I cannot wrap my brain around letting an election ruin a friendship. It just seems crazy to me. Why do people have to be so mean? I don't love my friends IN SPITE of our differences, I love them BECAUSE of our differences. It would be such a boring world if we only surrounded ourselves with people exactly like us. I just wish people would learn to be nice, even when they don't see eye to eye.

Ok, I'm done ranting! :)

No comments: