Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Best Friend

This past Tuesday, my husband & I celebrated a special day. It was our 9 yr "dating anniversary"!! It's hard for me to believe that we have been together for 9 years. In some ways, it has gone by super fast, but in other ways, I feel like I have been with him my whole life. We started dating when I was 21 yrs old, so I have actually been with him all of my adult life. We have made so many great memories over the years. We have also faced many struggles. But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change it for anything, because our relationship is what it is today because of the good AND the bad. He is truly an incredible person and my very best friend. Every day is an adventure. He is my sounding board and my biggest fan. He pushes me when I need it, and he steps in when he knows I've had all I can take. He protects and defends me. He laughs at me when I say or do something ridiculous, and he holds my hand when I cry. I don't know how I got so lucky. I feel truly blessed to have spent the last 9 years with him, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

No comments: