Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Dip

Yesterday, I mentioned one of my favorite blogs, Home With Mandy. Let me just say again, that I love love love her blog. For the last couple of weeks, I had been looking for something to make for my Bunco group. I found several things that sounded good, but I kept going back to something I had seen on her page...Chicken Enchilada Dip. It was a lot different than anything I had ever made before, so I liked it even more. I had bunco on Tuesday night, so on Monday night I assembled the dip and put it in the fridge overnight, that way I could just pop it in the oven when I got home from work on Tuesday. Here is the recipe:



8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 cup mayo (she used spicy mayo, which I couldn't find, so I just added a few drops of Tabasco

to my mayo.)

16 oz. shredded mild cheddar cheese

1 can diced green chile peppers

2 jalapeno, finely diced (remove ribs and seeds)

Half a bundle of green onions, chopped

1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning

1 tsp. Garlic powder

1 lg. can of all white meat chicken



Mix all ingredients together and spread in a serving dish. I put mine in the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to get melty and bubbly! Serve with tortilla chips.



This dip was such a hit with my bunco group! I was a little uncertain before I baked it, because it smelled like chicken salad, but after it cooks, it is Awesome!

No comments: