Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Love Dare

I'm sure that a lot of you are familiar with the movie that is out right now called "Fireproof". It is a christian -based film, and so far, I have not heard one negative comment about this movie. I'm not going to go into the details of the movie, but if you haven't heard of it, look it up. Anyway, a big part of this movie is based on a devotional called "The Love Dare". It is a couple's devotional, and I think it is really intended for marriages that are struggling, but I don't know any of us that couldn't use all the help we can get when it comes to keeping our marriages on the right track. My husband and I have been doing the Love Dare, and we are LOVING it!! My husband isn't the type of guy you would think could be talked into doing this, but he is actually enjoying it. At the end of each day, it gives you a dare. We do ours at night, and the challenge we are given is the one for the next day. Then the next night, we discuss it, and move on to the next day. It starts out with simple "dares", such as "Go an entire day without saying anything negative to your spouse". You might think that seems silly, but when you actually make a conscious effort to do it, you realize how many times in a day you start to nag or criticize your spouse. I definitely recognize this book to ANY couple. It is an eye opener, and has really brought my husband and I even closer. If you are already doing The Love Dare, leave me a comment and give me your thoughts on it. I'd love to hear it!


1 comment:

Brandi said...

I LOVED this movie! It was such a great story, and a good witness. Also a tear-jerker!! :) I think The Love Dare sounds like a great thing for couples to do -- maybe even at a marriage conference or something.