Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm so proud of myself!

Ok, so it doesn't take much for me to pat myself on the back, you will find that out very quickly. I've been reading some of the different cleaning challenges on different blogs, and I decided to make my own challenge, just for me. Most of the time, I do enough around the house during the week just to get by, so it doesn't look like a tornado has gone through our house. Then on the weekend, I try to clean everything, and I get overwhelmed, so I just quit. Things that I want to get done never do, and I don't make it to any of my actual projects because I run out of time. So I posted a cleaning schedule on my fridge, and so far, it is really working out. Here is my schedule: Monday ~ bathrooms
Tuesday ~ Living/dining room
Wednesday ~ kitchen
Thursday ~ bedrooms
Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be laundry, and any other projects I have at the
time.

Now I realize that I will have to do little things in all of these rooms all week, but these are the days that a specific room gets REALLY cleaned. My husband has (reluctantly) agreed to help out...he is responsible for the upstairs bathroom (which is basically his anyway) and our bedroom. Last night was living room night, and I moved out our couch and loveseat and vaccuumed behind them, flipped the cushions, and vaccuumed under them as well. I dusted, and washed the windows. It was pretty impressive. I was hoping that, during this major cleaning session, that we would stumble across my husbands wedding band, but sadly enough, we didn't. We are going to keep looking til the end of the week, and if we don't find it by then, we are going to order a new one. :( We found the exact same one, but it still makes me sad, because it won't be the one that I gave him on our wedding day.

No comments: