Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm organizing my life!!

So I have really been getting motivated by reading other people's blogs lately. In case I haven't mentioned it, we live in a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment/townhouse that is literally busting at the seams. Why, you ask? Because I am a packrat. I save EVERYTHING, and have all my life. My mom has been cleaning her house and getting rid of things over the past 2 years, which means that all the "stuff" I had in boxes at her house has now made its way to my house. So I am determined to get myself organized. I am going to start with the closets this weekend. I am getting rid of clothes. If I haven't worn it in a year, or "it would fit if I just lost 10 lbs", it is going to Goodwill. Our closet is stuffed with clothes that we NEVER wear. My husband is just as bad as I am. I am also bad about saving papers and magazines and stuff like that. My husband says that I am a fire hazzard. The dresser drawers in the spare bedroom are FULL of cookbooks, recipes that I've printed, old bills, etc. I am going to organize it all!! That is my mission. I'm tired of looking at all of this junk!!

No comments: